• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

  • Surface Printing


    These prints were created by using different materials to add colour to the surface of the cartridge paper.  E.g. sponges, scrim, cardbooard, paper. The layers were applied over each other with masking tape and torn paper applied over the surface to allow resistance from the acrylic paint in areas where I liked the pattern from the previous colours. I love this technique as it meant making snap decisions in a short period of time. 

    I added lighter tones of colour the more layers of paint i applied in order to add depth. The fine white lines add detail and I attempted to contrast the grey and highlight areas of the pattern I thought were most successful in order to draw the eye to key areas of the print. 





    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Flickr Photostream

    http://instagram.com/sophiegowling

    Twitter Updates

    Meet The Author

    -Sophie Gowling-

    -Art&Design student in the North East of England-

    -Aspiring fine artist & lover of creativity-

    -Contact me at sophiegowling@hotmail.co.uk -