• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

  • CALMING WORDS // 3 WEEKS TO GO




    It's starting to hit reality that in 3 weeks 'Three Hundred and Three Days' will be exhibiting and we will all have to have everything finally in place and resolved. Today the studios started to take a formal layout of organised chaos with chairs and tables being moved and stacked and the layout transferring from an idea some what organisation to a 'I don't know where the hell anything is' vibe.. 

    Now it's a really difficult task to meet such a demanding deadline unless you're some super organised genius.. (which I'm not) And as a painter I find it really difficult to balance the pressure to produce work which I'm happy with and are totally resolved. Like many other painters (I presume) I could sit and dabble in each painting here and there and touch up this and that.. so it becomes entirely impossible to say when something is finished. I'll probably still be touching up a few areas when they're mounted on the wall.. 

    However on a brighter note.. I started to work on two medium sized canvases today. With a few hours of my day to spare I reckoned I could have a little play about on interpreting some small collages I'd produced yesterday evening onto a larger scale with acrylic. My biggest struggle and also concern was that over the months of developing work based around the concept of my trips to New York and Amsterdam I was starting to slightly lose sight of what had originally inspired me and had maybe looked at my work so much that I was starting to put myself off it. I was concerned my collection wouldn't tie together with a constantly evolving process and constantly seeking new ideas. But thankfully somehow allowing myself to produce a response through paint which I had been trying to achieve through other pieces for weeks on end. 

    So today the paintings I produced gave me faith. Two almost resolved paintings; I turned to my trusty palette knives to accommodate my anxiety with some confident lines of heavier paint which oddly always makes me feel more comfortable. This is one of the things I LOVE about painting. The spontaneity and how my emotion respond on canvas through my process and selection of colours. It's therapeutic and despite feeling in a moment of absolute madness your thoughts suddenly work in a harmonious balance to produce some work where you think "yeah, I like that!"


    303 DAYS//8TH-11TH JUNE
    QE SIXTH FORM- TOP FLOOR (ART STUDIOS)
    ART FOUNDATION FINAL MAJOR PROJECT EXHIBITION

    COME ALONG AND ENJOY !



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Flickr Photostream

    http://instagram.com/sophiegowling

    Twitter Updates

    Meet The Author

    -Sophie Gowling-

    -Art&Design student in the North East of England-

    -Aspiring fine artist & lover of creativity-

    -Contact me at sophiegowling@hotmail.co.uk -